Getting Started is Easy
1. Select an Agency
Find an Agency
2. Complete the Course
3. Work with Housing Advisor
4. Get Certificate
eHome America’s signature Homebuyer Education course is the certified web-based program for prospective first-time homebuyers. Exceeding national industry standards, this course creates knowledgeable and default-resilient buyers ready for a lifetime of homeownership. Easily accessible through any device 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you can learn the ins and outs by taking the comprehensive, fun and engaging course at your own pace. Our agency partners have varying hours for follow up (if required), so if that is a concern for you, please verify with them before registering. If homeownership is your goal, eHome America will help get you there.
- Course Curriculum
- Steps of the home buying process
- Preparing for the expenses of homeownership
- Financial management of homeownership
- Post purchase tips
You’ve bought your home, now what? eHome America’s Post Purchase course is designed to help you understand what happens after you move into your home. Learn about financial planning for your new home’s expenses, expected maintenance costs, tax benefits, and when and who to contact if financial hardship happens unexpectedly. Your first home is a life-changing event, so take the right steps to make it an easy transition from renting to owning for life. If sustainable homeownership is your goal, eHome America will help you get there.
- Prepares buyers for long-term responsibilities
- Reinforces the importance of budgeting and saving
- Offers tips for community involvement
- Provides the steps needed during financial hardship
eHome America’s Money Management is an online financial course you can take at your own pace, on your own schedule, at any computer, tablet, or mobile device. Developed with your best financial interests in mind, eHome Money Management is comprehensive and perfect for consumers wanting to improve their cash flow, decrease debt, plan for future purchases and improve credit scores. If financial freedom is your goal, eHome America will help get you there.
- Creating a financial plan and learning how to budget and save
- Paying off debt and staying out of debt for good
- Understanding and maintain good credit
- Planning for unexpected expenses
Helping homeowners who are experiencing financial difficulty better understand what foreclosure may mean is the platform for the Foreclosure Education course. Designed to provide valuable information about the when, where, why and what, and, most importantly, the tools available to you if faced with the difficult decision of foreclosure. This course prepares homeowners facing this trying time with tools to navigate the potential scams and the process after foreclosure. This will be a challenging time, so let eHome America’s foreclosure course better prepare you for what foreclosure may mean. If keeping your home is your number one goal, eHome America will help get you there.
- Course Curriculum
- Understand the process of foreclosure
- Learn about scams in the marketplace
- Walk through the steps to take
- Plan for the next stages of homeownership
Manufactured Housing Homebuyer Education
This course combines knowledge, skills, and actions to help homebuyers like you successfully purchase and own factory-built homes. Built around the eight major steps involved in buying a manufactured or modular home, this course guides you on deciding whether factory-built housing makes sense for you. It helps you understand the process of buying, placing, installing, financing, and inspecting a factory-built home.
- Determine which type of factory-built home is right for you
- Decide where to place your home
- Secure Financing
- Planning for Installation
- Care for your home after moving in